Call for entries are open for the 2019 International VM Awards at RetailEXPO, which recognises and rewards the very best examples of visual merchandising from around the world and across all sectors of retail.
As retailers globally face increasingly difficult trading conditions the art and skill of visual merchandising is more crucial than ever as shoppers demand even more from in-store experiences and expect to be surprised and delighted by the retail environment. In the soon to be released One Vision Report, from Reed Exhibitions, 63% of shoppers agree they want the places they shop to be inspiring. Some 70% of consumer said they would shop elsewhere – either online or at a competitor – if a retailer didn’t provide an exciting or engaging environment.
Matt Bradley, RetailEXPO show director, commented: “In this highly competitive retail environment visual merchandisers have a crucial role to play in the success of a business creating an aspirational environment that rewards shoppers for their custom and especially when every window and display can be instantly shared and critiqued by a global audience. We are looking forward to showcasing the best in visual merchandising displays the industry has to offer and of course to announcing the winner at the show.”
The deadline for entries is 8th February and the awards are open to retailers, brands, design consultancies, shopping centres, high streets and suppliers and can include a window, a store interior, a concession, or a display covering any season or theme. Entry is free, and all entries will be judged by independent VM industry experts including:
· Matthew Valentine, Editor, Retail Design World
· Aoife Blicher, Head of VM, Magasin du Nord
· Clare Otte, Visual Merchandising Director, Foot Locker
· Daphne Duttileux, Retail Design and VM Director, L’Oreal Luxe
The winners will be announced at a lunchtime ceremony at RetailEXPO on 2nd May, 2019.
RetailEXPO is the newly named event brings together Europe’s largest retail solutions show, Retail Design Expo (RDE), Retail Business Technology Expo (RBTE), the UK’s leading event for innovation in retail design, marketing and VM, and Retail Digital Signage Expo (RDSE), and as one unified show for 2019. The coming together of these previously siloed events, all brought to the industry by Reed Exhibitions, mirrors the transformation and merging of channels in the sector, and better meets retail’s needs.
The 2019 International VM Awards categories:
• Fashion, Footwear and Jewellery
• Beauty and Cosmetics
• IT, Telecomms and Electricals
• Department Stores
• Shopping Centres, Town Centres and Airports
• DIY, Homewares and Garden Centres
• Sport Goods, Toys, Hobbies and Pet Care
• Grocery – including Supermarkets, Food and Drink
• Hospitality – including Restaurants, Coffee Shops, Travel and Leisure
• Most outstanding Feature or Prop
• Best Use of Digital in a Window or Display
For more information on the awards please visit Click Here